Our fast-growing team is looking for a skilled, motivated, and reliable Quality Assurance Engineer to help grow our company.
What you’ll do
- Identify, log, track, and report software defects
- Manually test applications, bug fixes, and new features from the team of developers
- Execute Agile-based testing using SmartBear TestComplete for UI and automated testing
- Work with Product stakeholders and Dev to resolve bugs as they are discovered
- Troubleshoot and assist in the diagnosis of unintended results from testing
- Document all QA work thoroughly and accurately
- Execute and maintain Quality Assurance (QA) test plans, test scenarios, test suites, and test cases
- Proactively identify new testing tools and take initiative
- Maintain test data sets
- Ensure systems and applications meet quality standards and satisfy the desired functionality
- Effectively communicate software concerns to management and stakeholders of a feature’s progress
- Provide recommendations to continually improve and automate testing processes
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- The ability to work independently and remotely in an environment that changes rapidly (we’re a startup)
- 3+ years experience in a Quality role
- Exposure to programming or scripting languages
- Demonstrated ability to execute and improve upon existing QA processes
- Experience using defect tracking solutions
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Have some experience with test automation, or the desire to learn
- 3+ years testing commercial software on one or more platforms
- Experience with Automation Frameworks and Tools (Jmeter, Webdriver.io, and Selenium experience a plus)
- Prior experience reviewing code
- Working knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, and TestRail
- Able to operate in a highly collaborative connected environment
- Obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar technical discipline.
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Strong UX and design sensibilities.
- Experience testing across multiple platforms and mediums.
- Competency in Windows, Mac, and Linux environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people
- Capabilities of working independently, self-motivated and dependable, reliable and highly accountable
- Positive attitude towards learning new skills
- Team player
- Excellent attention to detail
What We Offer You
We are a team of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary software company. At Virtualitics, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Southern California. Our benefits include highly competitive pay, equity, and fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for you + dependents, unlimited PTO, and tons of office snacks!
Virtualitics is committed to building a company where every individual can bring their full impact and reach their fullest potential. Our mission is to build a diverse and inclusive environment where talented people of all cultures, ages, perspectives, opinions, education, backgrounds, races, gender identity, religions, orientations, abilities, and beliefs can grow and thrive with Virtualitics.